[wp-hackers] GSOC2011 Idea

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Wed Mar 23 23:34:47 UTC 2011

În data de Jo, 24-03-2011 la 03:04 +0530, Abhishek Gupta a scris:
> Hello,
>
> I am Abhishek Gupta second year undergraduate student at IIT Delhi <
> http://abhishekgupta92.info >. I want to work on Education module which
> enhances features to the wordpress like adding/enrolling courses, students.
> There is a module namely teachpress <
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/teachpress/> which is aimed at same but
> the module is not developed enough to be used when there are cms like moodle
> available.
>
> My motive for this is to promote community blogging in School/Institutions.
> I have a community blog at the thelazy.info and feels the absence of such
> module for my institution.
>
> Other topic that interest me is CCK and Views module which can compete with
> Drupal modules for the same. Currently there is a cck module in wordpress,
> but the module is not really easy to use. In addition to this the user need
> views module to generate flexible views of what he want to display.

Hi Abhishek,
good to know there are people interested in bringing new tools into
learning environments/systems.

Since last year I'm part of ScholarPress team, into which I got involved
by proposing and building up a LMS using BuddyPress (it still lacks some
features, but we're on the right way). This was a gsoc project, and I
will try to propose it again this year.

ScholarPress is a team of teachers and WordPress developers that
originally started the Courseware project (my project is a direct
continuation of it). [1]

To be honest, It's news to me to hear about TeachPress, and before you
apply I encourage you to consider both Courseware projects ScholarPress
maintains, though this year idea is to merge them and complete with new
features. The only reason why I suggest you to do this, is because
Courseware looks richer in features so far and basically covers
TeachPress with it's Course/Bibliography modules.

Also If you care, I would love to get some feedback about ScholarPress
tools from a student point of view.

Good luck.

[1]:
https://github.com/scholarpress