[wp-hackers] Benchmarking themes and frameworks

Simon Fairbairn simon at line-in.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 18:07:41 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of developing a new theme and I was wondering what
testing tools (if any) you guys use for examining performance? I've
installed the BlackBox plugin, and I'm also using WebGrind and XDebug.

I'm not sure how useful these results are in the real world, however, as
they are all about PHP execution and obviously don't take into account
all of the other aspects of loading a web page. I've used YSlow to try
and get a better measure of this side of things, but I was wondering how
(if?) you track the efficiency of the WP core and if you had any advice
on the best ways of measuring performance.

Thanks,

--
*Simon Fairbairn*
*Line In Web Design*