[wp-hackers] Why functions.php is not UTF-8?

Rics ricardo.cezar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:55:30 UTC 2011

Hello,

While working on a new child theme for Twentyten I started to
experience a lot of anoying problems with chars sent early to the
browser. After a lot of debuging I realize that my functions.php was
in UTF-8 and Twentyten's version was in ANSI encoding.

It's confusing, because WordPress use AND RECOMENDS UTF-8 for its content.

My question is, why functions.php is not UTF-8?

Now I converted my own functions file to ANSI and everything works just fine.

Wierd!!!
---
Rics
http://www.pensarics.com