[wp-hackers] Browser Detection

Gregg Tomlinson gregg at fatheaddesign.com
Fri Mar 18 12:15:01 UTC 2011

Jesus:

You should be able to do that with a line in the header.php file of your template. I'm doing that with some js for mobile detection on some of my sites.

--g

On Mar 18, 2011, at 3:35 AM, Ryan Bilesky wrote:

> Wait a minute, are you sure?  I thought this was the wp-debate list.
> On Mar 17, 2011 6:03 PM, "John Blackbourn" <johnbillion+wp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> But I actually need help now, do any of you know of a way to detect the
> user
>>> browsers? The site I'm working on is supposed to cater to most browsers
>>> EXCEPT Internet Explorer.
>>> Might there be a plugin for this already? I want to redirect all IE users
>>> a download page to other Browsers. Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jesus Lizama
>>
>> Welcome to the list Jesus,
>>
>> This isn't the place for this kind of query. This list is for
>> discussion on hacking WordPress and core development (although often
>> it doesn't seem that way).
>>
>> You should consult Google with your query.
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=detect+browser
>>
>> John

::::  ::::  ::::

Gregg Tomlinson
Principal

fathead design, inc.
1329 W. Loyola Ave.
Suite G2
Chicago, Illinois  60626

p: 773.338.1313
f: 773.338.1340

web: http://fatheaddesign.com
facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/fathead-design/227968970370
twitter: http://twitter.com/fatheaddesign

and of course, our pet project - ContactSolved: http://contactsolved.com

** please consider the environment before you print this e-mail **