[wp-hackers] Widget Weirdness - Doesn't like the file name widgets.php

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jun 28 14:19:54 UTC 2011

The get_template_part function was never really intended to function
in that manner. It works, but is slightly sub-optimal for that use
case, and it is conceivable that this sort of use will stop working at
some point in the future.

Instead, consider using this:

locate_template('includes/widgets.php', true, true);

First true means to load the file, second true means to require_once
it (instead of simply requiring it). This also checks child themes as
well.

-Otto