[wp-hackers] Widget Weirdness - Doesn't like the file name widgets.php

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:47:12 UTC 2011

On 28 June 2011 10:06, Alex Andrews <awgandrews at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all this folks, learnt my lesson and may also submit a
> patch to the Roots theme on this account.

Another neat way to load files from within a theme is to use
WordPress' get_template_part( 'includes/widgets') instead of a regular
include() or require(). This allows a child theme to override these
files in the same way core template files are overridden if they're
present. Might be worth suggesting to the theme author.

John