[wp-hackers] Get Buddy Press Profile Data outside a post loop (via userID)

Andrew Gray andrew at graymerica.com
Thu Jun 23 22:30:29 UTC 2011

I am trying to use the data I have stored in Buddypress user profile as part of a custom post type loop.

I can get the author's name/ID/etc and other wordpress functions with " <?php the_author_meta( 'ID' ); ?> "

Is it possible to get buddypress profile information by using a function like this, and the userID?  bp_get_member_profile_data()

I am trying to connect the profile data to the post.

thanks,

Andrew