[wp-hackers] switch_themes capability and managing widgets

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 17:25:57 UTC 2011

A quickie... Does anyone know the rationale behind switching themes
and editing widgets being controlled by the same capability? As far as
I can tell it is the same capability for these two things.

Only, I have clients to whom I want to give the Editor role (so they
don't control anything site-critical like managing plugins), and the
site is based around a custom theme that basically shouldn't be
switched. But as they're editors, naturally they need to manage the
widgets, the content and settings etc.

Am I missing something or do I have to give them the possibility of
switching themes in order that they manage widgets?

cheers,

Steve