[wp-hackers] WP Menu - Showing wrong active class (for me anyway).

Robert Lusby nanogwp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 14:51:20 UTC 2011

I have a WP Menu setup in the standard way in a theme.

That menu us made up of various pages including:
Home, Blog, Events, Contact.

example.com/blog
example.com/events
example.com/contact
etc

Events is a custom post type.

When visiting any of the top level "pages", the current active menu
class is correctly added to the right part of the menu structure. So
Contact adds a current class to the Contact menu item etc ...

When visiting an item of the "events" custom post type .. eg
http://example.com/events/event1
the current class gets added to the "Blog" menu item, and not the Events
menu item.

Any idea why this is? How do I tell it that this is a child of Events,
and not a child of Blog?
/events, /blog are all pages.

Thanks,
Rob