[wp-hackers] XML RPC WordPress API Tutorial

Martin Widmann widmann.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 06:50:19 UTC 2011

Hi Pasquale,

IMHO you should consider creating a WordPress Plugin that uses the very easy to use Ajax Implementation in Wordpress to provide the services you need.

The protocol used could be JSON which is much less overhead than XMLRPC, esp. if your client is completely in Javascript.

Basically you create the Plugin that through wp_ajax_YOUR-METHOD-CALL or wp_ajax_nopriv_YOUR-METHOD-CALL-THAT-DOENSNT-NEED-AUTH actions registers your interface.

A couple of days ago an ebook abut WordPress and AJAX has been made publicly available to download from http://www.wpajax.com/download along with examples. You should give a look.

--
Martin