[wp-hackers] Permalink Structure - Performance vs. SEO

David Law wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 08:53:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:28:33 -0500, you wrote:

>Chip is talking about the date in the URL being useful to *users*. Not
>search engines, but actual *humans*. If I read a tutorial on how to do
>something with WordPress, and I can see from the URL that it was posted a
>week ago, I'm much more likely to trust that it's using up to date methods
>than if it was posted two years ago.

Very true, but what about a tutorial that's regularly kept up to date,
use the date archive in the URL and you give the impression the
information is out of date.

I have a lot of content that would fall into this category and to give
an accurate date when the information is updated I manually change the
date it was posted. This technique does not work if you use dated

I never use dates in the URL, it's anti-SEO.

David
--
http://www.stallion-theme.com/ Stallion WordPress SEO Theme
http://www.stallion-theme.com/stallion-wordpress-seo-plugin Stallion