[wp-hackers] Best pratice categories ordering

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Thu Jun 16 08:48:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 09:28, The WordPress Web Warlock <
wordpress at web-warlocks.net> wrote:

> Al 15/06/2011 16:06, En/na Leo Baiano ha escrit:
>
>  To avoid compatibility problems in future it would be interesting, instead
>> of creating afield in the table, create a relationship table?
>>

> Hello,
>
> A plugin I'm working in (neither released) uses term metadata for that (and
> other features). That is, I'm adding just a single term_meta table for a
> bunch of things.

I've just added the term metadata plugin to a project I'm working on
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/taxonomy-metadata/

It just works.

I needed to add abbreviations to some long winded terms for display in other
parts of the site. The plugin provided the familiar metadata API
add_term_meta, get_term_meta, etc. Recommended.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/