[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

John Black immanence7 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:24:43 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 20:41, Mike Schinkel wrote:

>> On Jun 6, 2011, at 7:33 AM, John Black <immanence7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're probably right, but sadly the people I want to help are totally broke. In fact, revamping their web presence is part of my effort to save them from looming bankruptcy
>
> Can you share the site URL?  It might be easier to discuss if not talking about a site abstractly.
>
> -Mike

Fair request.

I could share the URL one on one, on the clear understanding that my comments on-list are not publicly linked to the actual identity of this organization. I don't work for them in any capacity, but a friend does, and his efforts to help them might be compromised by my candid -- perhaps spoken out of turn -- assessment of their financial situation.

You see, it's a somewhat visible news organization. I wish they had money to address their awful present web presence, but they don't. My friend is trying to help them in part because he's a Wordpress fan, and also because the state of the country the organization is in (it's a Third World country) is somewhat precarious and he wants to support its press.

Sounds complex, and it is. So I can share the URL with those who could help with the task, and with those who can commit to non-disclosure, so I can protect my friend.

Hope this stipulation is not too wierd.

best,
JB