[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

John Black immanence7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:46:31 UTC 2011

Good point.

For example, the child HTML files would disappear completely. The need for them, it seems, comes from wanting to have a full resolution version of the photo they stem from, along with a description. This, hopefully, would be handled by Lightbox 2 under Wordpress.

There are 10,000 of these child pages, probably indexed by Google.

Aside from that problem, there would be a boat load of other old links that you'd want to have redirect to the new Wordpress posts. Given that there are 50,000 HTML files, this would probably necessitate some nifty work behind the scenes.

I see there are some plugins to handle 301 redirects. But these tend to be for a handful of files, not 50,000. Any thoughts on how this would managed?

best,
JB