[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

Michael Clark dc153464a11bcf5aeb18180db28017fb.wp-hackers at planetmike.com
Mon Jun 6 13:11:46 UTC 2011

At 3:01 PM +0300 6/6/11, John Black wrote:
>As for what else to help this organisation; if there was another way
>apparent I'd have done it. They need to get up to speed with
>contemporary web possibilities, including building readership and
>making their content better accessible, as well as integrated into
>social networking loops. Wordpress has come on in leaps and bounds
>in this direction since I first looked at it back in 2005. I just
>want to help them make the move so they can take advantage of some
>of that.

Is this organization still producing content of some sort regularly?
If so, you might better help them by getting them started today with
posting new articles in a WordPress-based site. That will help them
get into the search engines. Are they using other new media
distribution paths, such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr? Is the site
showing up at all in Google? Maybe creating a sitemap for the old
site, and ensuring that old articles are linked to when appropriate
from the new site, would be a more useful use of your time and
effort. Mike

--

Michael Clark
http://www.PlanetMike.com

Christmas Music 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a week
http://www.ChristmasMusic247.com

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.