[wp-hackers] I'm interested in a good book

Joshua Sibelman joshua.sibelman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:39:29 UTC 2011

I've looked at several books over the past couple of years, and the biggest problem with them is that they're out of date before they're published. WordPress changes pretty frequently, too frequently for books to keep up IMO.

The Codex is really the best source, plus there are a number of bloggers out there who offer up-to-date tutorials on how to work with WordPress' innards.

If you're not very good with PHP, then that will be a handicap, and it might be worth looking at a book to help you with that end of things. With a good understanding of PHP, most of WordPress is very straightforward.

Hope this helps,
Josh