[wp-hackers] get_terms & post_type

Braydon Fuller ronin at braydon.com
Sat Jul 16 22:42:50 UTC 2011

I've setup a site that uses shared post_terms across all post_types and
need to be able to get the terms that are specific to one post type.
I've looked at the documentation of get_terms and didn't find anything
available, I've read the source for get_terms and didn't find any
actions or filters to be able to work with the where clause.

I have found this article on the net with a way to do it
(http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/14331/get-terms-by-taxonomy),
but it seems overly complex, when all that is needed is an additional
SQL WHERE in get_terms.

Does anyone know of other ways to do this without modifying the core, or
is that the best way to go about this?

I've also submitted a ticket for a feature request #18106 on the trac
(http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18106)