[wp-hackers] Compatibility voting / Plugin rating

Alex Rabe alex.cologne at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:04:37 UTC 2011

I would like to ask if someone knows if the Compatibility voting &
Plugin rating will be improved in the future (Didn't see this on any
roadmap) ?

After more than a years I can say that the information (for my plugin)
is currently useless : During an upgrade cycle I receive 15 voting
after 20.000-40.000 downloads, very often just some frustrated user
are giving their "broken" vote.  1700 ratings after 3.5 Mio downloads
is also not really representative. So I feel to vote/rate via wp.org
has a too high barrier... I'm looking into some improvement that this
should be done out of WordPress itself ( as initial considered here :
http://wordpress.org/news/2009/10/plugin-compatibility-beta/ ).
Hopefully this create more feedback from users.