[wp-hackers] Term Meta - Trac'd already?

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:07:17 UTC 2011

Erick,
Agreed. In fact, terms ALREADY have meta data (description, for instance),
although it's not stored in a separate table.

The argument here is about meta data not defined and sanctioned by the core
platform. That is, term meta that can be defined for, and used by, a theme
or plugin.

As someone already mentioned, SEO data can be associated with terms that
control the source output on a term archive page. But, of course, there are
other possibilites too.

Nathan Rice
WordPress and Web Development
www.nathanrice.net | twitter.com/nathanrice