[wp-hackers] 3.3 brainstorm ideas from WordPress DC

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Jul 13 15:36:04 UTC 2011

Pulling the Theme-related brainstorm items up from the list:

   -   Certification process for 3rd party themes, kinda already done
   -   Themes should have a requirement for better documentation, user
   -   documentation
   -   Seperate template themes
   -   Coding standards for themes
   -   Review old themes, mark unreviewed themes already accepted

If I may, could I request that, if anyone has ideas for
standards/best-practices/guidelines/etc. for Themes, that such discussion
include the theme-reviewers email list? The Theme Review team would love to
know what the community is thinking along these lines, and would be the
"front line", so to speak, in implementing standards for repository-hosted
Themes. also, the theme-reviewers mail-list is the most-likely place to find
the largest assembly of Theme developers, who may have input on such ideas.

If not the theme-reviewers mail list, then I would recommend
make.wordpress.org/themes.

And if not there, just let us know where the discussion will take place, so
that we can do our part to ensure that the Theme Review team and the Theme
developer community are as involved as possible.

Chip