[wp-hackers] site sections, distinct theme per section

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Jul 11 07:37:20 UTC 2011

Make sure all the installs share the same salts/keys as well

You'll then need to make the cookie apply to / rather than /install/
You can do this by defining the extra constants.
see the *COOKIEPATH constants here:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/default-constants.php#L198

The capabilities for each user are stored in the usermeta, while you
can define a custom user table, the capabilities are stored as
per-site, meaning, the usermeta row has the database prefix prefixed.

You're probably also not going to be able to use most plugins such as
s2Member without heavy modification or syncing of the options to all
the sites in your "network"..

Long story short? You're going to have some headaches tieing 5
different installs together, and then getting plugins working nicely
on it too, there is a reason MultiSite installs were invented.