[wp-hackers] Help getting started with XML-RPC and Custom Post Types

Andrew Gray andrew at graymerica.com
Fri Jul 8 15:46:05 UTC 2011

All,

I was wondering if anyone had any sample code or pointer for how to add a custom post type via XML-RPC.

I am trying to create a WP plugin that will let you post a custom post type to central WP site.

It needs to use a API key to authenticate the end user and allow them to post as the user that is associated with the API Key.

I want to be able to add a page to the end user WP dashboard that will let them add a custom post type to the central site.

Any links or tutorials would be great.  If someone has done this before and has code they want to share or sell, I would be interested in this as well.

Thanks,

Andrew