[wp-hackers] WordPress Front-End tinyMCE

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Thu Jul 7 17:12:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 17:46, Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Frank Bueltge wrote:
> > current it is possible to include the editor via the_editor()
> > function, also an different scripts and works. But it is not possible
> > to add this function clear to meta boxes for posts or other
> > post_types, if has an editor.
>
> I've definitely run into that problem. Would it make any sense/gain any
> traction to propose making a change to WordPress core to enable the use of
> TinyMCE on pages that also support the content editor?  To make it work
> as-is definitely requires some ugly hacking by a knowledgable developer and
> it would be nice to empower others to do this more easily.

Hmmm, I definitely have a second TinyMCE editor in one of my custom posts
types working fine (though I didn't need nor try to use the image uploader).
No hacking required. It even has visual/html toggle.

I'm heading out now for the rest of the day, but will try to post some code
late tomorrow (I'm on-site with a client all day) or Saturday.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/