[wp-hackers] wordpress auto update

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Jul 2 00:11:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Eric Mann <eric at eam.me> wrote:
> Actually, Firefox has quite a large footprint when it comes to downloading
> updates.  But the way Chrome updates in the background is fantastic.  I've
> always been a fan, and I love the idea of continuously keeping my website
> up-to-date (which is why I run bleeding edge nightlies in production).

If you've never read about it, it's pretty interesting how Chrome does
that sort of thing. I knew they were sending diffs, but until recently
I didn't know how little data they were actually sending.

http://blog.chromium.org/2009/07/smaller-is-faster-and-safer-too.html

http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/software-updates-courgette

-Otto