[wp-hackers] backend script that will do only authentication, without loading complete WordPress

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:05:01 UTC 2011

Mike, it is going to be an uploader. It will split files to chunks on
client-side, upload them one by one and stick together on server-side.
Server-side really should just check if user is authorized to upload
files, and tell whether operation went ok. Depending on comparative
sizes
of the file and chunk, their number can be quite big. Obviously, the
faster this process goes, the better. It's 3-5 times faster on clean
install with free resources. I think on busy servers difference will
rise dramatically. So I guess - yes - performance matters.

There was some important motivation behind load-scripts.php thing...
it's not exactly that clean in my case, but I still feel like it's
important.

Davit Barbakadze