[wp-hackers] custom taxonomy list page?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Jan 30 06:41:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:50:00 +1100, Joshua Sibelman
<joshua.sibelman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been searching Google for this to no avail.
<snip>
> Any suggestions on how best to do this?

No matter how you go about this, You're going to have to style the page
specifically due to the fact your normal loop won't know what to do with a
list of terms..

So my suggestion, in this case, Would be to make a page with the same slug
as the taxonomy which has a page template assoc. with it.
When hitting http://myurl.com/main-ingredient then, your page will be
matched, Your page template will be included, and from there, you can run
get_terms directly.

There are some cases where having a page is unwanted, for example to
prevent other site editors from accidentally changing/deleting the page,
but it can also have the advantage, that you can have normal text on the
page (ie. post_content) and the terms listed along side that without
having to deal with taxonomy metadata.

--
Dion Hulse / dd32
Contact: