[wp-hackers] register_activation_hook only if is_admin() ?

Martin Widmann widmann.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:57:25 UTC 2011

The register_activation_hook action is only executed when the plugin is activated through the plugins page. It's not called every time the plugin is initialized. So there's no need basically to ask for is_admin() or if the current_user_can do something special.

See also http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_activation_hook

- Martin