[wp-hackers] Post Formats: Conventions/Standards for Content/Layout/Style

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jan 11 19:05:20 UTC 2011

There's one example of what I'm talking about: for a "link" type Post, does
the URL get placed by itself in the_title, or is it merely output as the
Title, or as part of the_content(), etc.?

Much of how these Post Formats get used will depend on data-entry
conventions, especially with respect to links, chats, etc.

If thought has gone into establishing such conventions, I'm curious what the
current consensus is; if thought *hasn't* gone into establishing such
conventions: why not?

Chip