[wp-hackers] post format types

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Jan 6 18:45:48 UTC 2011

> No, you can not create custom Post Formats. Giving theme the ability
> to make their own post formats would defeat the whole purpose of post
> formats.

I disagree, if the fallback of post_format_exists brought it to standard or
empty on non-designed themes with it.  The first thought I had when I heard
about this was "cool, I can have each author have their own "post look""
that they can set.  I'm just a theme designer that has to work within the
'confines' of code.  This implementation is very confining.  Not that i'm
saying it's bad, it's not bad it's just not implemented in a way that I
thought it would be.