[wp-hackers] The problem with Contributions and This Thread

Greg Boggs greg at humhost.com
Sun Jan 2 04:34:49 UTC 2011

Leading documentation, committing huge chunks of code, and leading
commit props all sound like the perfect reasons to add someone to the
leadership team of a project that is run based on merit. So far the only
reason we've read here not to add him to the core group is that he's
upset that he has been excluded despite his merit.

Advocating for your work and reminding others of your contributions has
long been an element of successful contributors to open source projects.
Granted, he could have handled his problem with more tact, but if he
hadn't mailed the list, very few people would even know he exists.