[wp-hackers] Plugin usage info

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:57:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Christopher Ross <cross at thisismyurl.com> wrote:
> Mark, I have several government clients who insist WP does not talk to external servers, as a result I have to strip this functionality from various modules before upgrades each time but overall, it's a great feature. It would be nice if there was an easy method for activating self containment (like airplane mode on a cell phone) but, I suspect that I am one of the few people on the planet who would ever use it.

It's easy. From my "Making WordPress Work AT Work" WordCamp Philly presentation:

http://www.slideshare.net/zamoose/making-wordpress-work-at-work/66

Slide 65 talks about making nice with proxies, 64 with integrating
into AD/OpenLDAP.

Let me know if you have any questions -- I've done a lot of this for a
Government Contractor Who Must Not Be Named.

--
-Doug