[wp-hackers] wp_cron - odd behavior

aditya sharma sharmaaditya333 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 06:59:31 UTC 2011

WordPress gets its time from the webserver that it is running on, which may
not be the same as the MySQL server.

In PHP, have them run this to see what the server time is:
<?php echo gmdate('Y-m-d G:i:s'); ?>

That should output the current time on the server in GMT, which is what the
time on their server should be set to.

WordPress uses that time plus whatever offset you give it to determine your
"local" time.

Warm Regards
Aditya Sharma