[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

William Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 04:56:21 UTC 2011

I think you're being a bit silly.

First, you're not the only WordPress 'client' — the platform isn't
being built just for you. In addition, WordPress is open-source — if
you want to add (or remove) a feature, you can write a plugin or
(gasp) modify core.

At some point, WordPress has to enter feature freeze. Every change has
the potential to introduce a bug (3.0.5 showed us that). So, again, to
reiterate, these sorts of decisions need to be made earlier in the dev
cycle. Where do you draw the line about what changes are too big? By
saying any feature request is too big.

Will