[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Feb 17 20:19:52 UTC 2011

I don't believe that *most* users would do any such thing.

I believe that *most* users, when they learn about a new feature due to that
new feature changing something about the appearance or output of their site,
are going to be quite unhappy that said new feature was enabled - and thus,
changed their site - without permission.

New features that change the public-facing appearance or output of users'
sites should not be enabled by default.

But, again: this argument was had months ago, and those who espouse my
opinion lost that argument. There's really not much sense in re-hashing it
now.

Chip