[wp-hackers] WP 3.1 admin bar

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Feb 17 17:39:20 UTC 2011

I realize the decision was made some time ago, and arguing against it is
pointless (which is why I haven't).

I think there is merit, though, in the suggestion that the feature be turned
ON by default for NEW installations, and turned OFF by default for upgrades.
As a matter of principle, upgrades should not be changing users' already
established configurations - even if the change comes from a new feature.

But, that is all water under the bridge at this point. If I choose not to
use the Admin Bar, I know how to disable it.

Chip