[wp-hackers] Get All Users with Specific capability

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Wed Feb 16 18:39:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:

> The solution here is to move away from a schema where users are given
> capabilities directly.
>
> Currently dormant Trac ticket: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10201
>
> While we're not sure when it'll be implemented, most of us are inclined to
> implement the proposal outlined in detail here:
>
> http://andrewnacin.com/2010/04/03/overhauling-roles-and-capabilities-part-2/

Thanks for the great links (and for writing the post to summarize the ticket
which may be dormant because it is so messy and in need of rephrasing based
on a specific chosen solution).

I think keeping the ability to have multiple roles per user is important if
you kill the custom capabilities. It avoids completely murdering all the
use-cases covered by multi-caps and based on the trac ticket it should be
doable within the better code-ideas for the overhaul.

More thoughts in my reply to the ticket:
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10201#comment:60

Working on the changes outlined in the ticket alongside adding a capability
argument to get_users() would solve a lot of problems at once :)

--
Jeremy Clarke • jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design • globalvoicesonline.org