[wp-hackers] Overriding the Link button in the Editor?

Helen Hou-Sandi helen.y.hou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:31:35 UTC 2011

The advlink plugin for TinyMCE overrides the link button - you could take a
look and see how it does that (don't know enough to break it down myself).

Internal linking in 3.1 relies on using the regular link button as far as I
can tell though, so if you override it, you'll lose the internal linking
piece if/when you make the jump. Just tried it myself by replacing with
advlink.

Why not just unset the regular link button and put your custom button there
instead? If you use the same icon, a user probably won't know the difference
anyway.

--
Helen Hou-Sandi
http://www.helenhousandi.com