[wp-hackers] Force the user to crop images to a specific set of dimensions

Andrew Gray andrew at graymerica.com
Thu Dec 15 23:19:33 UTC 2011

Does anyone know if I can force a user to crop a section out of images when they upload them.

Say I want to have a 180 x 50 pixel image as the featured image of a post.

Is there any way to require that the person uploading the image chooses an area that fits this ratio.

I know you can edit the image under the Media editor and that this exists as part of the header image uploader, but I would like this to be a requirement for a featured image,

I want to make sure the featured image will always be the correct dimension, but not have it autocropped with a custom image size.

thanks,

Andrew