[wp-hackers] APC-Nginx-Apache problems / memory problems on VPS

Ian Douglas ian at powerfoundation.org
Sun Aug 28 13:45:34 UTC 2011

Thank you Joe,

I'm beginning to think there is some kind of limitation in VPS environments. We go from one fatal error to another. It's incredible. Right now we have 502 Bad Gateways, and sometimes 504 Gateway Time-outs. If anything it works at all we have load times of maybe a minute.

I'll try to follow your steps.

I thought a decent VPS would simply work. Even we disable all plugins and it doesn't work.

And as for the plugins, people chime in that there are too many. Yes, if you're running a blog. We're trying to use Wordpress as a CMS to run a fully fledged news site. If we don't have plugins, we don't have functionality. Again, 1.3GB of RAM should handle functionality, no?

I think we have a memory leak somewhere. If someone can explain to me what those are like, and how to track them, I'd appreciate it.

We're look into the debug log. I get hundreds (like may 700 on the frontpage alone) of the following:

Notice: get_settings is deprecated since version 2.1! Use get_option() instead. in/home/bikyaweb/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3382

I wish I could even just solve this. There are hundreds of these that must also stress the CPU.

Sigh,
ian