[wp-hackers] what function creates the post slug?

Ricardo Moraleida moraleida at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:19:34 UTC 2011

Hi guys, quick question here...

i wanted to create a hook to change how WordPress creates slugs on a
specific custom post type that handles quite sensitive data.

I've just spent a few hours looking at rewrites and such but although the
information is pretty helpful, i just don't think rewriting the slug display
is the way to go, as it would be much safer to just have wp save a fixed md5
slug for that specific post type.

I imagine there's a simple sanitizing function that takes the post title and
transforms it, and then saves it to the db as slug, but i can't seem to find
it.

Any help?

thanks!

Ricardo Moraleida