[wp-hackers] User Redirection to Provide users the option to create content

SWORD Studios info at swordstudios.net
Mon Apr 25 02:34:31 UTC 2011

I have a custom post type that has been created with the following fields

   - Textfield - Name
   - Texfield - address
   - textfield - email address
   - textfield - web address
   - checkboxes - amenities (just check off from available amenities)

This allows a user to provide information that will create a profile for
them in WordPress.

I now want to give the user direct access to their post to create / edit.

Originally I planned on giving them admin access and restrict specific
functionality.  Now, after some research and discussions I am going to
redirect them to a form with the same values of the custom post type.  Then
the form will pre-populate with content from the post if it already exists,
if not then the form will be blank.  Once the user fills out all the fields
of the form it will connect to the database and either update the database
or add to the database directly.

My question is, is redirecting the user to a form that directly updates the
database the best solution?  If so any tips, ideas, thoughts, anything that
can help me do this faster and better?

--
*Jesse Friedman*   Founder / Lead Developer
*SWORD Studios* | 508.50.SWORD info at swordstudios.net
swordstudios.net @professor <http://twitter.com/professor>