[wp-hackers] Plugin Fatal error refers to WP core

John 3:16 Media wp at john316media.com
Tue Apr 12 00:42:42 UTC 2011

All the error logs has is this: PHP Warning:  fopen(
http://localhost/wordpress/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron) [<a
href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond.\r\n in
C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\WordPress\\wp-includes\\class-http.php on line 864,
referer: http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM, John 3:16 Media <wp at john316media.com
> >wrote:
>
> > error reporting is already configured in php.ini as error_reporting =
> E_ALL
> > | E_STRICT
>

> Sure, but are you logging them to a file, and properly inspecting them?
>
> When a plugin fatal errors on activation, it does so immediately before the
> page redirects. Then it attempts to re-load the plugin into an iframe (so
> you can see the error), but that's not foolproof. The point is, use an
> error
> log to catch those.
>
> Also, for WordPress on PHP 5.3+, use E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT.

I'm working on a support ticket plugin and I'm looking for users to test and
provide feedback on it.  Will bribe anyone who helps with a generous
discount on the final product.  Email me off-list if interested.