[wp-hackers] where's documentation for options pages?

Konrad Karpieszuk kkarpieszuk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:33:48 UTC 2011

hello

could anyone explain me why for this moment still we don't have
working documentation for creating options pages? :)

in this place:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_Options_Pages

examples and explanations doesn't work. for example in the code is
mentioned function do_settings() which doesnt exists

yes, i see red info about to use old documentation, or go to setting
api http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_API

i dont want to use old way to create options page. i know that this is
deprecated, so i prefere to move all my plugins to new settings api.
but also this what is described in settings api doesn't work (or maybe
i dont understand something)

this is code which i produced basing on 'creating options page' and
'settings api': http://wklej.org/id/506506/

it doesn't work. it shows field for option 'bet_domyslne_boksiki'
(here's a screenshot http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f4au7zfc )

but after click on save button new value is not saved. still is the
same (which i set directly using update_option() in other part of
code)

can anyone tell what about i forgot? :)

--
(en) regards / (pl) pozdrawiam