[wp-hackers] GSoC 2011 Project Idea

Arjun S Kumar arjunskumar47 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:06:15 UTC 2011

Hi, I'm looking forward for doing a project in GSoC 2011.
Propoal 1

The idea for my project is to bring bbPress from standalone to plugin
for the WordPress installation. As far as the news from WordPress
plugin repository, the plugin bbPress is still in alpha stage. So by
this proposal I'm planning to import all the current functionalities
in the standalone version to the plugin and improve the existing
functionalities and making a import script from standalone script to
the plugin powered forum on wordpress installation.

Proposal 2
If time permits or else the first idea is already on the move, I'd
like to work with bbxf for improving and implementing it to the
bbPress standalone/plugin for WordPress.
Sad to know that the bbxf domain <http://bbxf.org> is not working. I
hope you guys will look forward to the domain issue.

So this is the idea for the GSoC from me to implement. Looking forward
for your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks,
Arjun S Kumar