[wp-hackers] Twenty Ten styling

Demetris Kikizas kikizas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:08:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Scott Bressler <sbressler at gmail.com> wrote:
> No idea where the more appropriate place to put this would be, but small
> issue with the Twenty Ten CSS: #content pre doesn't have overflow: auto, so
> situations like the last item in my FAQ here
> <http://bit.ly/sbmediacredit>can arise where the
> pre-wrapped code continues outside of the content div. I'm going to fix this
> on my site (so here's a screenshot <http://bit.ly/mc-screenshot> for any
> late-comers), but this should probably be fixed in the distributed theme.

pre {
    overflow-x: auto;
    white-space: pre-wrap;
    word-wrap: break-word;
}

Maybe something like this would be more complete.

(The last declaration is for IE and it is valid CSS3, but the W3C
validator does not seem to like it for some reason.)

Another thing I do when publishing code or pre stuff is avoid very
long lines, which is good practice in any case.

Demetris
http://op111.net/code/wp-xo ‹ The best WordPress plugin in the Universe