[wp-hackers] hook for third party login credentials

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Wed Sep 15 14:48:09 UTC 2010

I'm looking for a hook that'll let me add an authentication source to the standard WP login page, any suggestions?

What I want to do is first check if the user is in the database, if not pass to a routine that'll return true if it's in an external source but using the same information posted in the login form. For example, I could have a spread sheet or an API that stores username/passwords elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

__

Christopher Ross