[wp-hackers] Plans to modify /wp-admin/plugins.php for 3.1?

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 17:35:23 UTC 2010

> I'm not entirely sold on the need for plugins to modify that page, though
> that said your use case is an excellent reason why they should be able to.

Indeed. I know another developer that has a plugin in the works that takes
it one step further, allowing you to define your own plugin "categories".

>> #4.) Lines 435 thru 442 - Similar to #3 the totals for each type of
plugin are set to script local variables and there's no good way to affect
the even with global access:

>> $total_all_plugins = count($all_plugins);
>> $total_inactive_plugins = count($inactive_plugins);
>> $total_active_plugins = count($active_plugins);
>> $total_recent_plugins = count($recent_plugins);
>> $total_upgrade_plugins = count($upgrade_plugins);
>> $total_network_plugins = count($network_plugins);
>> $total_mustuse_plugins = count($mustuse_plugins);
>> $total_dropins_plugins = count($dropins_plugins);

> Restructuring that as an array would also allow us to avoid using
variable-based variable names, which is ugly.

Already done in trunk.

--
http://scribu.net