[wp-hackers] Site Address during development

Christian Gundersson christian at buro2.se
Fri Sep 3 09:20:02 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

please forgive my ignorance but I think I need a bit of clarification here.

> Gavin,
> If you had followed this thread you would have already seen the answer:
>
> You *have* to have absolute URLs in RSS feeds and other non-browser
> situations, otherwise images, and especially podcasts would break, because
> the content is not being consumed in the context of the site and a browser.
>
> Mike

Isn't the feed generated by a script? Couldn't that script simply manufacture the absolute URLs at runtime the same time WordPress does when viewing the site through a browser?

Again, I apologize if I'm being blatantly stupid but I don't see how feeds constitutes a problem. An example would be nice if someone could give it.

Many thanks.
//Christian, Büro 2