[wp-hackers] Displaying a page on-the-fly with a plugin

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Oct 27 10:34:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Dino Termini <dino at duechiacchiere.it>wrote:

> On 10/26/2010 10:16 PM, Dion Hulse (dd32) wrote:
>
>> Here's how I'd do it in a plugin if the page had to be transparent.
>> http://wordpress.pastebin.com/xd0QmvNH
>> Note, That i've pastebin'd it due to sheer length of the fake post object.
>> It's a 5 minute job, needs optimizing and all that..
>>

> Hi there, thank you for sharing this piece of code. As far as I can see
> posts_results is not used anymore in Wordpress, I cannot find anything about
> it in the Codex, and here it says it only applies to WP 2.6

It's still there. Can't trust everything you read unfortunately, and the
hooks DB has had some issues keeping up with some of our changes. (We're
working on an official one.) Best to check the source directly when in doubt
-- open the file and use the Find tool of your editor.

wp-includes/query.php ~ line 2419 in WordPress 3.0.x
$this->posts = apply_filters_ref_array('posts_results', array( $this->posts,
&$this ) );