[wp-hackers] Permalinks, Custom Post Types & Pagination

Olumide Alabi me at olumidealabi.com
Wed Oct 27 06:24:31 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,
I'm working on a project which is pretty much wrapped up except for one
issue.

Let me give you a bit of background here.

I'm using WordPress 3.0.1 and I've built a lot of the functionality needed
on the the site into the *functions.php* file.

I'm using about a dozen custom post types to handle different portions of
content on the site.

Everything works fine, except that I get a 404 error when I try to paginate
entries.

Take this page for example http://www.oandoplc.com/media/press-releases/

The Press Releases are a custom post type and this page itself is a custom
page template that lists all press releases.
Everything works fine. If you click on any of the *Read More* buttons, it
takes you to the actual press release which is powered by a Single Post
Template for press releases

The problem occurs when I try to go the next page of this list. That's where
I get a 404.

If I go into the Admin area and change the permalink setting to default and
then return it to whatever it was before, Pagination starts to work but
then, I start getting a 404 when I want to view individual press releases or
single posts for other custom post types I've created. I don't know if this
is because I'm using custom post types or I've just done something
completely wrong.

I would really appreciate all the help I can get on this.

Thanks.
--
Best Regards

Olumide Alabi
Mobile | +234 802 359 9606
CDMA | +234 702 838 6589
<http://www.holidaysandcash.com/luminus>
Chat [image: Google Talk:] luminusdadon [image: Skype:] luminusdadon
Contact Me [image: Linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/luminus>[image:
Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/luminus>[image:
Tumblr]<http://luminus.tumblr.com>[image:
Twitter] <http://twitter.com/luminus>